The committee is charged with developing recommendations related to accommodations and an appropriate institutional response to ADA issues and to:
- Organize and oversee the ADA educational programs.
- Ensure that the ADA policy remains consistent with current information from public health authorities.
- Provide a mechanism for making ADA policy decisions.
- Serve as educational resources on general information about ADA, HIV and AIDS.
- Evaluate individual needs which become known to the ADA Coordinator and/or Counseling and Prevention Services and make recommendations to address those needs.
Primary Responsibility Area: Alpine Campus – Student Life
Committee shall consist of 8 members appointed by the President, including a student representative (and an alternate), two members of the faculty nominated by the Faculty Assembly and the following five ex officio members: an instructor in vocational nursing, Director of Facilities Planning, Design and Construction, Director of Human Resources, Disability Services Coordinator, and the Health Services Coordinator.
Chair: elected by membership