Councils & Committees
Faculty Assembly Membership is invited to represent faculty perspectives by serving on one or more University Governance working groups. Groups that include representation from Faculty Assembly Membership are listed below, including Faculty Assembly Councils, Joint Faculty Assembly and Faculty Senate Councils, and University Committees.
The statement on university governance is included in Section 1.11 of the Administrative Policy Manual and includes guidelines for University Committees and Councils. Section 1.08 also includes information about each committee at Sul Ross State University.
Standing or permanent Faculty Assembly Councils are established by the Constitution and Bylaws of the Faculty Assembly. Faculty participation in Faculty Assembly Councils is accomplished by a recommendation from the Faculty Assembly Executive Council for a vote by the Assembly. Faculty Assembly Councils serve in an advisory capacity on matters relating to the academic mission of the University and report through the Faculty Assembly.
Faculty Assembly Councils
- Athletics Council
- Budget Oversight Council
- Curriculum Council
- Department Chairs Council
- Faculty Assembly Executive Council
- Graduate Council
- Honors Council
- Library and Research Technologies Council
- Research Council
- Sustainability Council
- Teacher Education Council
- Teaching Council
- Tenure and Review Process Council
Joint Councils – Faculty Assembly and Faculty Senate
Joint Council pages are currently maintained by Alpine’s Faculty Assembly.
University Committees that include Faculty Assembly representation
University Committee pages are maintained by the Office of the President under University Governance.
- ADA Education and Policy Committee
- Alcohol and Other Drug Education Coalition Committee
- Convocations Committee
- Disciplinary Hearing Committee
- Diversity and Inclusion Committee
- Financial Assistance Appeals Committee
- Food Services Committee
- Instructional Technology Advisory Committee
- Marketing Committee
- Orientation Committee
- Risk Management Advisory Committee
- Student Publications Committee
- Student Service Fees Advisory Committee
- Undergraduate Academic Appeals Committee
- University Scholarship Committee
- Web Services Advisory Committee