Promotion and Tenure Review Council (formerly Faculty Affairs Council)
The primary responsibilities of the Promotion and Tenure Review Council are to make recommendations to the Chief Academic Officer of the University on all matters involving the granting of tenure and promotion.
- The council shall serve as a body to consider individual faculty grievances.
- All promotion and tenure reviews require the attendance of all council members.
- The Council’s meetings are closed and its deliberations are confidential.
- The Council’s recommendations are made directly to the Joint Council on Faculty Affairs, which shall present written recommendations to the Chief Academic Officer who shall present written recommendations to the President.
- The Council shall summarize its recommendations on tenure and promotion to the Faculty Assembly by the final meeting each spring.
- More specifically, this council shall:
- Ensure that applicable policies for tenure and promotion are followed and that all candidates are treated fairly.
- Review and evaluate the dossiers and recommendations submitted for each candidate and make recommendations to the Joint Council for Faculty Affairs, which shall forward these recommendations to the Chief Academic Officer.
- Review tenure and promotion policies and procedures and make recommendations to the Faculty Assembly for revision.
- Review nominations for honorary degrees, emeritus status, and distinguished emeritus status and make recommendations to the Faculty Assembly and to the Chief Academic Officer of the University.
- Review tenure credit and faculty rank awarded to new faculty and administrators with faculty rank to ensure compliance with the guidelines of the Rules and Regulations of the Texas State University System.
Membership is appointed by Faculty Assembly and shall consist of seven tenured full professors.
Term: Three-year, staggered
Chair: Elected by Council
|Membership as of Fall 2019||Expiration of Term|
|Dr. Bill Green, Business Administration
Dr. Laura Payne, Languages and Literature
Dr. Chris Ritzi, Biology, Geology, and Physical Sciences
Dr. Galen Privet, Education
Ms. Carol Fairlie, Fine Arts and Communication
Dr. Scot Ericsson, Animal Science
Dr. James Zech, Biology, Geology, and Physical Sciences
Quick Links and Documents
Deadlines for the 2020-21 Application Process:
|August 26, Wednesday||
|October 9, Friday||
|November 6, Friday||
|December 11, Friday||
|February 12, Friday||
|March 5, Friday||
|April 1, Thursday||
|April 8, Thursday||