Generally, the Library and Research Technologies Council shall review, advise, and make recommendations relating to the access and utilization of the Bryan Wildenthal Memorial Library in Alpine. More specifically, the council shall:
- Review Library annual reports
- Review annually the mission, vision, and goals of the Library as set forth in its departmental strategic plan
- Be aware of the Information Literacy Framework for Higher Education
- Act as a clearinghouse for faculty questions and recommendations related to the Library including areas of:
- Collection development
- Library and information literacy instruction
- InterLibrary Loan and Document Delivery
- the Archives of the Big Bend
- Library resources and services for distance education and the Rio Grande Campuses
Membership shall consist of seven members: five elected by the Faculty Assembly, the Director of Library and Research Technologies, and one student member designated by the Student Government Association.
Term: The Director serves as a voting ex officio whereas faculty and staff serve three-year terms and the student representative serves a one-year term.
Chair: The Chair is elected by the membership.