Library and Research Technologies Council
Generally, the Library and Research Technologies Council shall review, advise, and make recommendations relating to the access and utilization of the Bryan Wildenthal Memorial Library in Alpine. More specifically, the council shall:
- Review Library annual reports
- Review annually the mission, vision, and goals of the Library as set forth in its departmental strategic plan
- Be aware of the Information Literacy Framework for Higher Education
- Act as a clearinghouse for faculty questions and recommendations related to the Library including areas of:
- Collection development
- Library and information literacy instruction
- InterLibrary Loan and Document Delivery
- the Archives of the Big Bend
- Library resources and services for distance education and the Middle Rio Grande Campuses
Membership shall consist of seven members: five elected by the Faculty Assembly, the Dean of Library and Research Technologies, and one student member designated by the Student Government Association.
Term: The Dean serves as a voting ex officio whereas faculty and staff serve three-year terms and the student representative serves a one-year term.
Chair: The Chair is elected by the membership.
|Membership as of Fall 2019
||Expiration of Term|
|Dr. Anirban Bhattacharjee, Biology, Geology, and Physical Sciences
Professor Avram Dumitrescu, Fine Arts and Communication (Chair)
Dr. Thomas Shiller, Biology, Geology, and Physical Sciences
Dr. David Leaver, Biology, Geology, and Physical Sciences
Dr. Laura Payne, Languages and Literature
Vacant, Student Representative
April Aultman Becker, Dean of Library and Research Technologies
ex officio, voting