Student Employment Authorization Form
Student employment at Sul Ross State University provides a broad range of job opportunities for qualified students and provides valuable student assistance for departments at the university. Student employment are funded through Federal Work-Study, Texas Work-Study, and Institutional funds. Sul Ross State University has established the following Federal Work-Study policy to meet both state and federal regulations and provide equal opportunities and fair treatment for all student employees.
It is the policy of Sul Ross State University not to discriminate in the area of student employment regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, or disability. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment process, including recruitment, hiring, placement, transfer, promotion, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, benefits, and advertising.
Student Employment Authorization Instructions
1) Hiring department submits completed authorization form to firstname.lastname@example.org Finance/Budget at least two weeks BEFORE student begins work.
Student may begin work only after approve authorization, with any necessary changes due to the student eligibility of funds availability.
2) Hiring department completes student’s information for all student employees.
3) Use hourly block if student is paid an hourly rate. Use monthly block if student is paid a monthly salary rate.
4) Hiring Department calculates total authorization. For students paid hourly the formula is: No. Week x Weekly Hours = Total Hours x Hourly Rate = Total
5) For students paid a monthly rate instead of an hourly rate the formula is: No. Months x Monthly Rate = Total Authorization.
6) Work Study Office Finance/Budget Office completes the second portion
7) Work Study Office sends SEA to HR so they can encumber funding and set up online authorizations for timesheets.
8) Hiring department submits a new form if student changes status or terminates before ending time.