PLEASE NOTE THAT THE USC COMMITTEE MEETS ON THE FIRST TUESDAY OF THE MONTH AND THE IRB COMMITTEE MEETS ON THE SECOND TUESDAY OF THE MONTH DURING THE FALL 2022 SEMESTER.
The SRSU Institutional Review Board (IRB) reviews and approves research proposals from faculty and students that require the participation of human subjects. The IRB ensures research at SRSU is conducted following ethical principles and in compliance with federal, state and university regulations governing research activity.
The SRSU IRB provides oversight of research that involves human subjects by:
- Protecting the rights, welfare and well-being of human research participants recruited to participated in research conducted by SRSU faculty and students.
- Ensures compliance with relevant local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Ensures compliance with SRSU policies and regulations (under development)
- Provides guidance to ensure sound research design, scientific integrity and determining if the research contributes to generalizable knowledge and is worth exposing subjects to risks.
- Ensures adherence to the ethical principles outlined in the Belmont report:
- Respect for persons
- Individuals should be treated as autonomous agents
- Persons with diminished autonomy are entitled to protection
- Do no harm and maximize possible benefits and minimize possible harms
- Efforts must be made to secure the research subjects well-being
- Fairness in distribution of benefits and risk
- Who ought to receive the benefits of research and bears its burdens?
- Respect for persons
If you are planning a research project that involves human subjects and need additional information, please contact: IRB@sulross.edu.
Forms and Documents
Upon completion, the forms above should be submitted at irbnet.org.
CITI Program Training Information
CITI Program is a database of trainings related to research, ethics, and compliance. All faculty and staff researchers are required to complete the Social & Behavioral Research Basic Course prior to submitting a research package to the IRB.
Instructions for Accessing CITI Training
- Go to the CITI Website
- Click on the Register button in the top right-hand corner
- When the Learner Registration web page comes up, type “Sul Ross State University” into the box under Select Your Organization Affiliation
- Select the box next to I affirm that I am an affiliate of Sul Ross State University
- Click on the Create a CITI Program account blue button
- Continue completing the registration information
Greg Marsh, Ed.D.
Maria Gear, Ed.D.
Oguzhan Basibuyuk, Ph.D.
Lisa Sousa, Ph.D.
Thomas Shiller, Ph.D.