SRSU is piloting a program for students in need, and who do not already have reliable access to a computer. Through this program, a laptop will be given to the student. To comply with the associated statutory and programmatic requirements of the Pilot Program, this student laptop assistance program will prioritize students in accordance with the following criteria:
- Students who are eligible to receive Federal Pell Grants;
- Students who receive any other need-based financial aid from the Federal Government, a State, or the institution itself;
- Students who are qualifying low-income consumers for the purposes of the program carried out under 47 C.F.R. part 54, subpart E, or any successor regulations;
- Students who are low-income individuals as that term is defined in section 312(g) of the Higher Education Act of 1965 (20 U.S.C. 1058(g)); or
- Students who have been approved to receive unemployment insurance benefits under any Federal or State law since March 1, 2020.
This data will be verified through official channels.
Students must fill out the application form below. Students will be notified, via SRSU email, as soon as possible whether or not they are receiving a laptop.
All applications for laptops are DUE BY December 16, 2023 at midnight. Monitor your SRSU email to see if your application has been approved! Approved students will be asked for their shipping address.