Faculty Senate Membership is invited to represent faculty perspectives by serving on one or more University Governance working groups. Groups that include representation from Faculty Assembly Membership are listed below, including Faculty Senate Councils, Joint Faculty Assembly and Faculty Senate Councils, and University Committees.
The statement on university governance is included in Section 1.11 of the Administrative Policy Manual and includes guidelines for University Committees and Councils. Section 1.08 also includes information about each committee at Sul Ross State University.
Standing or permanent Faculty Senate Councils are established by the Constitution and Bylaws of the Faculty Senate. Faculty participation in Faculty Senate Councils is accomplished by a recommendation from the Faculty Senate Executive Council for a vote by the Senate. Faculty Senate Councils serve in an advisory capacity on matters relating to the academic mission of the University and report through the Faculty Senate.
Faculty Senate Committees
- Academic and Administrative Advisory Committee
- Access & Excellence Committee
- ADA Education and Policy Team
- Alcohol & Other Drug Education Coalition Committee
- Commencement Team
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee
- Executive Committee on Campus Master Plan Development
- Financial Aid/Assistance Appeals Committee
- Instructional Technology Team
- Instiutional Review Board Committee
- Marketing Committee
- Online Distance Education Committee
- Orientation Team
Joint Councils – Faculty Assembly and Faculty Senate
Joint Council pages are currently maintained by Alpine’s Faculty Assembly.