The statement on university governance is included in Section 1.11 of the Administrative Policy Manual and includes guidelines for university committees and councils. Section 1.08 also includes information about each committee at Sul Ross State University.
Standing or permanent Faculty Senate Councils are established by the constitution and bylaws of the Faculty Assembly. Faculty participation in Faculty Senate Councils is accomplished by a recommendation from the Executive Council for a vote by the Senate. Faculty Senate Committees and Councils serve in an advisory capacity on matters relating to the academic mission of the university and report through the Faculty Assembly.
Navigate the Faculty Assembly Councils below or hover over the menu above.
- Academic and Administrative Advisory Committee
- Access and Excellence Committee
- ADA Education and Policy Team
- Alcohol and Other Drug Education Coalition Committee
- Commencement Team
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion Committee
- Executive Committee on Campus Master Plan Development
- Financial Aid/Assistance Appeals Committee
- Instructional Technology Team
- Instiutional Review Board Committee
- Marketing Committee
- Online Distance Education Committee
- Orientation Team
- Risk Management Committee
- Staff Awards, Nominations, & Selection
- Student Publications Team
- Student Service Fee Advisory Committee
- Undergraduate Academic Appeals Committee
- University Scholarship Committee
- University Curriculum Council
- Joint Budget Oversight Council