Sul Ross State University consists of four campuses: Alpine, Del Rio, Eagle Pass, and Uvalde.
Faculty Governance at Sul Ross is provided by the Faculty Senate at the Del Rio, Eagle Pass, and Uvalde campuses and the Faculty Assembly on the Alpine campus. SRSU’s Faculty Assembly and Faculty Senate abide by their own constitutions and by-laws relevant to the interests and needs of the faculty at the various campuses. Information specific to the separate governing bodies can be found on their websites:
Beginning in Spring 2020, the Executive Council of each governing body will meet annually to share information and the Assembly and Senate memberships will meet annually each Fall. Minutes of each of those types of meetings will be placed on this site.
Faculty Senate Executive Council, 2020-2021
- President | Dr. Michael Ortiz, Rio Grande College
- Vice President | Dr. Audrey Taylor, Rio Grande College
- Secretary-Treasurer | Dr. Wesley Wynne, Rio Grande College
Faculty Assembly Executive Council, 2020-2021
- President | Dr. Kathy Stein, College of Arts and Sciences
- Vice President | Dr. Theron Francis, College of Arts and Sciences
- Secretary-Treasurer | Betsy Evans, Bryan Wildenthal Memorial Library
- Parliamentarian | Dr. Eric Funasaki, College of Arts and Sciences
- Member-At-Large | Dr. Chris Herrera, College of Education and Professional Studies
- Member-At-Large | Dr. David Leaver, College of Arts and Sciences
- Member-At-Large | Dr. Dexter Wakefield, College of Agricultural and Natural Sciences
Joint FA/FS Executive Council Meetings
See below for current and past meeting dates, agendas, minutes, and — if applicable — additional documents. Live [bolded] links indicate their availability: AGENDA, MINUTES, DOCUMENTS. All links open in a new tab or new window.
- April 21, 2020 | AGENDA | MINUTES | DOCUMENTS
Joint FA/FS Membership Meetings
- Fall 2020 | AGENDA | MINutES | DOCUMENTS