Sul Ross State University consists of four campuses: Alpine, Del Rio, Eagle Pass, and Uvalde.
Faculty Governance at Sul Ross is provided by the Faculty Senate at the Del Rio, Eagle Pass, and Uvalde campuses and the Faculty Assembly on the Alpine campus. SRSU’s Faculty Assembly and Faculty Senate abide by their own constitutions and by-laws relevant to the interests and needs of the faculty at the various campuses. Information specific to the separate governing bodies can be found on their websites:
Beginning in Spring 2020, the Executive Council of each governing body will meet annually to share information and the Assembly and Senate memberships will meet annually each Fall. Minutes of each of those types of meetings will be placed on this site.
Faculty Senate Executive Council, 2019-2020
- President | Michael Ortiz, RGC Assoc Prof Mathematics, Natural & Behavioral Sciences
- Vice President | Dan Foley, Chair, Department of Natural & Behavioral Sciences/Professor of Biology/QEP Co-Coordinator, Natural & Behavioral Sciences
- Secretary-Treasurer | Kevin Young, RGC Asst Professor History, Natural & Behavioral Sciences
Faculty Assembly Executive Council, 2019-2020
- President | Kathy Stein, Director of the Academic Center for Excellence, Academic Center for Excellence
- Vice President | Theron Francis, Asst Professor Language & Lit, Languages & Literature
- Secretary-Treasurer | Betsy Evans, Director of Access, Instruction, and Outreach, Library
- Parliamentarian | Eric T. Funasaki, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Mathematics/Strategic Plan Coordinator, Computer Science & Mathematics
- Member-At-Large | Christopher Herrera, PhD, MBA, Chair, Assistant Professor & Graduate Program Coordinator, Kinesiology & Human Performance
- Member-At-Large | David Leaver, Assistant Professor of Chemistry, Biology, Geology & Physical Science
- Member-At-Large | Ryan Luna, Chair Assoc Professor NRM, Natural Resource Management
Joint FA/FS Executive Council Meetings
See below for current and past meeting dates, agendas, minutes, and — if applicable — additional documents. Live [bolded] links indicate their availability: AGENDA, MINUTES, DOCUMENTS. All links open in a new tab or new window.
- April 21, 2020 | AGENDA | MINUTES | DOCUMENTS
Joint FA/FS Membership Meetings
- Fall 2020 | AGENDA | MINutES | DOCUMENTS
Joint FA/FS Councils
- Common Curriculum Council
- Joint Faculty Affairs Council