The Office of Institutional Effectiveness-Institutional Research:
- Coordinates the development of university assessment plans for non-academic programs, administrative units, academic and student support offices, as well as research and public service programs.
- Coordinates the development of university assessment plans for academic programs.
- Coordinates and provides resources for employee professional development.
- Implements an annual schedule of assessments, activities, trainings, and reviews to promote continuous improvement that addressed the SRSU Mission and Strategic Plan, including the accreditation criteria of the SACSCOC.
- Serves as the official reporting department to the U.S. Department of Education, the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, the Texas Legislative Board, the Texas State University System, and others.
- Disseminates facts that support academic planning, assessment, and research.
- Transforms data into information to provide the University administration and SRSU stakeholders with timely, accurate, high-quality information that allows informed decision-making and planning.
The mission of the Office of Institutional Effectiveness is to promote continuous improvement at Sul Ross State University.
The Office of Institutional Effectiveness (OIE) firmly believes that innovation, diverse ideas, collaboration, development, teamwork, and accurate data are fundamental to achieving continuous improvement at SRSU.