Established by the Office of the President, participation on University Committees is accomplished by a recommendation to the President by the Faculty Assembly, Faculty Senate, or either one of the Staff Councils.
The statement on university governance is included in Section 1.11 of the Administrative Policy Manual and includes guidelines for university committees and councils. Section 1.07 also includes information about each committee at Sul Ross State University.
University Committee and Team membership is University-wide unless otherwise noted and include the:
- Academic and Administrative Advisory Committee
- Access and Excellence Committee
- ADA Education and Policy Team
- Alcohol and Other Drug Education Coalition Committee
- Athletics Compliance Committee – Alpine campus
- Banner Data Owners Committee
- Commencement Team (formerly Convocations Committee) – independent Alpine and RGC teams
- Disciplinary Hearing Team – Alpine campus